"Look at this little guy coming out of the gate!"

There I was riding my legs off in Sunday 4x qualifying round and these were the words I hear from the announcer as I dropped out of the 4x gate start to run my qualifying time.
I thinking "wtf?!?! Is he talking about me??" Yep - he was as he continued on "it's so great to see these young boys start racing early" He goes on a bit and then he goes "oh no - it's not a boy it's on of our women racers"
it was the second time this weekend that people thought i was some little kid. But i don't *feel* little!!!
The 4x course was fun - scary but fun. I was consistently getting air on the big tabletop. Wheeeee!!!
Lee got to watch me do a couple of practice runs and he said i was too tense and stiff. I tried to loosen up my legs and arms and was happy with the way I rode "considering" it was my 2nd ever 4x race. I ended up 5th out of 6 girls - 2 seconds behind the girl in front of me.

( i'm hoping to have some pics of my 4x race soon)
Comments