Songs stuck in my head

For the past couple of weeks I've been listening to the same 3 songs over and over. As a result of this i constantly have these songs playing in my head. But MAN - the lyrics are so clever and captivating!

  • Ani DiFranco (I LOVE her) - Manhole - This song is about a girl seeing past the image of what she *thinks* or *projects* on a guy and finally honoring herself. The last few lines of lyrics say it all. I SO want to tell my girlfriends that "let" guys treat them poorly and keep hanging on for whatever reason or try to "convince" the guy to be with them - to let "integrity win over desire"

"And heartache not so dire

Cuz I looked up to see integrity

Finally won over desire"

  • Death Cab for Cutie - Marching Bands of Manhattan. Jeny turned me on to this band and their lyrics are so clever. This song reminds me of what it feels like to have a broken heart and even tho broken hearts *really* suck - sometimes it *almost* feels good to wallow in the pain and let yourself know that the relationship *really* meant something to you.

Here' my favorite lyrics from this song.

'Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole

Just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound

But while you debate half empty or half full

It slowly rises, your love is gonna drown"

  • Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body. This song reminds me of what if feels like when you first fall in love. How all you can think about is that person and how you want everything in your life intertwined with thme.

"do believe it’s true

That there are roads left in both of our shoes

If the silence takes you

Then I hope it takes me too

So brown eyes I hold you near

Cause you’re the only song I want to hear

A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere"

Comments

Popular Posts