Merits of living alone

It's in the little things in life that make me happy. I find that after being married for 15(!) years and raising a child - that living alone has many merits. As I started listing them in my head - I realize the things I enjoy about living alone generally have to do with being lazy and eating.

List:
  1. Never having to adjust your car seat. At 4'10" I ususally have the driver's side car seat up as far as it will go. Since I'm the only one that drives my car - I never have to readjust. I know - you can get a fancy car that has that stuff memorized - but I'm not into fancy cars - just fancy bikes!
  2. I get to leave my clothes on the floor where I took them off and not having to worry about someone gripping about my mess
  3. Eating eggs that the "buy by date" is 2 weeks past due and not having to worry about someone telling you "you'll get sick eating those eggs". Uhh - no i won't - i have a cast iron stomach.
  4. I only make my bed when i *feel* like it
  5. Not having to worry about someone else eating my ice cream, boston baked beans or luna bars or Izze drinks
  6. Leaving the lights on when i leave a room and not having anyone tell me i'm being wasteful
  7. Knowing exactly how much toliet paper I have in the bathroom
  8. Leaving clothes in the dryer for as LONG as I want
  9. Knowing that I'll actually have quarters in my spare change jar for the parking meter.
  10. Having 3 bikes in my living room and no place to sit
  11. Playing pool in my underwear until wee hours of the morning
  12. Playing pool in my underwear and drinking wine until the wee hours of the morning
  13. Riding my trainer during the winter @ 10pm and not having someone complain that I am "make too much noise"
  14. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for as long as i want
  15. Not having to "justify" all the money I spend on bikes and bike parts
  16. Not having to "justify" that I spent $400 on someone actually teaching me to ride my bike
  17. i never hear "you already have enough shoes!" uhh - no I don't!

That's all i can think of right now...but i'll probably add more to the list as i think of them. :)

Comments

Popular Posts